COMMUNITY Looking for some Kudos package ideas in-game

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by seriosbrad, Jan 13, 2014.

1. seriosbrad

seriosbrad seriosbrad.ca Staff Member SuperOP Server Owner

Soon, I will be rolling out a new system that I am calling Kudos.
    • Wikipedia: Kudos (from the Ancient Greek: κῦδος) is acclaim or praise for exceptional achievement.
    Kudos can be considered as a points program and will be given out manually by Administrators to players we deem deserving of them. There are quite literally unlimited possibilities to earning Kudos. Things such as helping out a new user, a nice looking build, reporting bugs, activity. There will be one rule, you shouldn't ever ask for Kudos, this is something you earn for good behavior.

The Kudos system will be separate from Baron Bucks in that it won't be involved with the economy.

What I need from you guys; are some ideas for packages which you can buy with Kudos. Nearly anything can be turned into a package. However, a package should not give the player any advantage over another player in terms of Survival gameplay.

Right now, the main package is the VIP usergroup.

Current Packages:
    • VIP
    • Nick Names
    Ideas:
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  2. AndrewFreeman

AndrewFreeman ... SuperOP Duke

What about new commands? I dunno, fun commands that only they can do.
  3. seriosbrad

Access to commands per player is possible. Would just need to know what kind of commands/abilities :p

I can have a look through all our plugins for permissions/commands we aren't utilizing, but that only goes so far.

You guys can look here for ideas for new plugins, just remember; nothing that affects survival gameplay.

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/
  4. seriosbrad

Kudos is already fully operational with VIP and Nickname packages. See /kudos in game.
  5. Jason3589

Jason3589 Op on BoB TTT Baron

Maybe if you get say, 10 Kudos, you get a package of Barons Bucks?

Just a thought.
  6. Ced1214

Ced1214 Member Baron

Yeah, I was thinking baron bucks too. Maybe mob spawn eggs (preferably Villager, Cows, Chickens)
  7. wingdude100

wingdude100 Bow Hunter Baron

8. like2omg

like2omg Active Member Baron

I forgot if this server is where I learned it from so I apologize if it is already here...
    A flying perk without the ability to interact with objects/players/mobs... although it must be balanced by some form of preventing players to gain access to others' property. Some balancing could be a warm-up before activating and warping to where you activated it after you exit fly. Two uses I see with it are taking aerial screenshots and PvP observers/commentators.

Sent from my Healthy Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
  9. wingdude100

New idea: Ability to tame hostile mobs as pets using kudos.
  10. like2omg

I HIT EDIT!!! ... dumb app dumb auto-rotate
  11. like2omg

Human sorcerror controls army of undead... Zombie apoc.

Sent from my Healthy Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
  12. Pelaguis the insane

Pelaguis the insane new account message me for details Baron

cool idea hope kudos will still be in place when I get my pc fixed and better internet (sent using my Mytouch)
  13. Sideways02

Sideways02 Well-Known Member Staff Member SuperOP Duke VIP

You can tame hostile mobs now with our pet plugin. I have a wither skeleton.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Mega
  14. wingdude100

I know that, but I meant that it should only be a kudos package ability.